Employment at Wayne Senior Center provides a unique opportunity to join a team of passionate individuals committed to serving older adults.
Wayne Senior Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Wayne Senior Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status covered by federal, state or local law. All employment related decisions will be made on the basis of skills, ability, experience, education, training, and other factors related to what is required of the specific position.
How to Apply
Review the posted open positions and email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the title of the position you are applying for in the Subject Line of the email. All resumes are carefully reviewed. Candidates who most closely match the requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview. No telephone inquiries, please.
Center Assistant Job Description
Part-Time 25 Hours/Week, 8:00am – 1:00pm M-F
- Center Opening – Arrive at the Center, check facility, turns on lights and heat/air conditioning and start coffee pot. Greet members/visitors as they arrive and make them feel welcome.
- Essential kitchen duties – coordinate food delivery with caterer, supervise kitchen volunteers, serve food, wash pots/pans, operate commercial dishwasher, clean up dining site and sanitize surfaces, inventory supplies; may utilize a cash box and make change
- Order meals via caterer’s website
- Attend nutrition meetings and maintain knowledge of food service regulations.
- Custodial tasks – be willing and able to complete minor custodial tasks in between visits from professional cleaners to help keep Center clean and tidy (clean up spills, fill restroom paper towels and toilet paper, salt walkways in winter, etc.)
- Operate and clean a variety of specialized food service equipment, i.e. coffee maker, hot table, automatic dishwasher, ovens and mixer, etc.
- Information and Referral – Become familiar with calendar of events to share information on the phone or at the Center to members and the general public.
- Help set-up and tear down rooms for activities. Set up for parties.
- Maintain professional manner at all times; neat and tidy appearance.
- Center Environment – Work to maintain a neat, safe, friendly, upbeat environment
- Reception Work – Greet visitors/members by phone and in person, provide tours for prospective members, direct visitors to appropriate staff and programs and distribute Center literature.
- Scheduling – Assist with scheduling bus pick-up/drop-offs, appointments and registration for events.
- Participant Relations – Maintain excellent relations with all members and volunteers.
- Monitor Fitness Center from 8:00 to 10:00 am each day.
- Assist other staff members as requested; other duties as necessary
- Respect and compassion for older adults; prior work experience with older adults is a plus
- Outgoing personality – willing to take the time to interact with members/visitors
- Honest, punctual, reliable
- Calm, pleasant demeanor and ability to get along with people
- Servsafe Certificate or ability to obtain
- Ability to be flexible and multitask; work both independently and on a team
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills
- Excellent organizational skills; experience with facility management is a plus
- Ability to handle emergency situations
- Positive attitude and respectful sense of humor are essential
- Valid Driver’s License and auto insurance as required by the state, ability to provide own transportation for running errands
- Must be able to manually move, pull, carry, push or lift heavy objects (25-50 lbs)
- High school graduate with basic computer skills
Reports to the Program Director; salary $11 - $13 per hour depending on experience.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.